Our organic Fairtrade Blackeye beans are:
- 100% purely natural
- very attractive appearance
- laser cleaned, specially sorted
- checked several times
- valuable source of nutrients
- in Fairtrade quality
The great bean revival has begun! [1 and 2]
- Beans are packed with protein.
- Beans contain minerals and vitamins.
In particular calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium, and vitamins B2, B6, C, E, beta-carotene and folic acids.
- Beans have a great deal of fibre, which can help to prevent bowel cancer.
- Beans have a low glycaemic index – good news for diabetics.
- Beans add variety to our diet – as a „slow food” they are more in line with the body’s natural rhythm.
- Beans have a very high antioxidant capacity of around 8400 µmol TE (ORAC value = Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity).
The body’s defence mechanisms are strengthened by foods rich in antioxidants, and this helps to neutralise excessive production of free radicals. The recommended ORAC daily requirement is between 5000 and 7000 .
Our blackeye beans are beige in colour with a very distinctive black „eye”.
The blackeye beans have a delicate flavour, with a subtle aroma. Our beans are gently beige and of a uniform size with a very pleasing appearance. Since they have to be soaked before cooking, they increase a little in size. There is only a minimal proportion of broken pieces in our red beans and they are very pure, having been cleaned carefully several times.
Origin and Production:
We source our organic Fairtrade Blackeye beans exclusively from Uzbekistan / Samarkand. We can be sure of meeting our high quality standards by purchasing our products exclusively from this place.
They ripen in the gardens and fields of Fairtrade farmers in the beautiful regions around Samarkand. Large parts of the region are certified for organic and FAIRTRADE products, and are cultivated by the FAIRTRADE farmers living there. The farmers are part of a large Fairtrade community made up of 3 groups, Dustkul Bogi, Turkiston Gulba and Turob Bobo. 1,000 farmers and their families belong to the community. By working with Fairtrade, the farmers can provide their families with a secure income and offer their children new opportunities.
Organic ingredients: Blackeye beans ° - ° Fairtrade certified and sourced from Fairtrade producers. Total 100%.
 Wikipedia Gartenbohnen / beans
 DEBInet Deutsches Ernährungsberatungs- und Informationsnetz
 ORAC USDA Database
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.