Our organic Austrian Wild Brown Millet is:
- the unhulled wild type of Brown Millet;
- 100% Austrian;
- from controlled organic agriculture;
- regional and sustainable;
- cleaned and controlled;
- tested for gluten internally and externally;
- naturally vegan.
More than just Food!
Brown millet is one of the healthiest cereals and is naturally gluten free. It can, therefore, be used in low-gluten and gluten free diets. CAUTION: make sure the millet you use in your gluten free diet is tested for gluten! We actually do test them - internally and externally.
Our Brown Millet:
- contains high amounts of silicon (silicic acid), particularly beneficial for skin, hair and nails;
- is a valuable source of protein;
- is a valuable source of iron, magnesium and zinc;
- is packed with Vitamins B1, B2, B6, folic acid, pantothenic acid and niacin;
- is an alkaline-forming cereal;
- is rich in fibre and stimulates the digestion.
All of this makes Brown Millet an indispensable part of a balanced diet [1 and 2]!
Our organic brown millet is unhulled (unpeeled) wild millet, which means that all the nutrients, especially those in the husk, are retained. Our Brown Millet has a pleasant aromatic and characteristic taste and is easy and versatile in its use.
You can be sure that the product delivers what it promises!
Origin and Production:
We purchase our Organic Brown Millet exclusively from Austrian organic farmers who cultivate and harvest it with the greatest care, naturally, in compliance with the requirements of organic agriculture.
It’s easy to see why Austrian Brown Millet has so much to offer to you, to the farmers and to the environment:
- Short transport routes reducing C02 emissions;
- Promotion and appreciation of domestic and regional products;
- Support for Austrian farms and their work;
- helping to sustain natural diversity.
The purity of our unhulled Brown Millet is guaranteed by strict quality standards and the very close ties that we have to our farmers.
After harvesting, our Organic Brown Millet is cleaned several times, ensuring high purity. Upon receipt in our gluten free facility, it undergoes multiple quality checks as well as our standard pressure treatment and laser sorting. The latter procedures ensure that the millet is free of pests and of foreign matter.
Organic ingredients: Brown millet gluten free from Austria
 Wikipedia Braunhirse / millet
 DEBInet Deutsches Ernährungsberatungs- und Informationsnetz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.